Only because I'm lazy, I copied this from my "Momma Jenn" Blog. Sorry it's long. But you wanted details, Enjoy!
As taken from the "My {First} Moment" Post:
"So I'm pregnant! .... Friday, May 7, 2010, I was on my 35th day. To some that would be a clear indicator that you were pregnant. Not for me... So I wasn't feeling really "pregnant" if that makes sense. I thought nope, I'm not gonna take a test. Well actually I think when I was on my 30th day I told myself if I didn't start by the 35th day I was taking a test... So anyway I woke up for my usual walk and remembered I bought 2 P tests the night before. Instead of my morning walk, I decided to take one test. The results of the test would determine when I took the second. So I did it. And of course immediately it appeared the test was trying to formulate the results. There is one line that almost immediately appears. No big surprise there. Now, at this point I was thinking ok typical... UNTIL the second line faintly started to appear. I thought, NO I'm still sleepy, that can't be. So I walked away and went to go play on the computer. Then I knew I had to know after a couple of minutes if the second line went away or not. So back into the bathroom I went. Sure enough, the second line was there. I was in total and utter complete denial. I had taken these P tests before. Never was the second line ever represented. Never (obviously). So I just got in the shower. Started to think. WTH was I REALLY Pregnant? Like really? No can't be. I thought for sure this little charade would go on for another couple of months. So I got ready for work as usual left a little early so I could make a phone call. I knew by leaving for work early I would arrive there ahead of the time I usually get there. About 10 min til 8 I called Lea-Lea. I HAD to talk to her. Of course I had one question, am I pregnant even though the line was faded???? She said yes! I just kept telling her there was no way! She kept telling me I was. Towards the end of the convo she had me convinced I was. So being my usual doubtful self, I bought another P test at lunch. This one was a little more than the dollar ones. I just knew this one would be the tell all. Got home from work (it was hard to sit at work the whole day not really knowing for sure, or sure to me) and grabbed my test and took it. Sure enough the plus sign appeared. I couldn't believe my eyes. I mean this is for real people. Like I did something I'd never done before... tested positive for a baby! I didn't have anytime to think really cause my sister walked in almost right at that moment (I just barely had enough time to hide the test) and I had to be normal.
But to get a little personal, I've honestly waited for this day/moment for years now. Count it like before I was married to Markus. It's crazy how bad I wanted this and now that it is here, I'm in denial. Well truth be told, not anymore. My stomach has felt upset for the past 2 days. I hear it's normal so I guess welcome to pregnancy, huh? I'm so excited! I haven't even cried that excited cry yet. Probably because my best friend (and her husband) and Markus know. And really it was in that exact order that it was spread too. Well let me back up, Craig answered Lea-Lea's phone and handed it to her and said, Jenn's pregnant. He knew! And First! Crazy. Markus tells me he wouldn't have "expected" it any other way. Poor baby, but sometimes women need another woman to bounce this off of first, then on to the man she goes. I'm so overcome with so many thoughts I don't know where to begin, other than the fact that I'm pregnant and I have a new journey to embark on. This is gonna be different! More to come later. "
As taken from "The Reveal" Post:
"Well this story I feel is kinda like an Engagement Story. It's like everyone wants to know how you did it. Ha! Let the truth be told I did have a clever way of trying to tell Markus, but I knew since this would be our first that I wanted to tell him in person. I couldn't bare just leaving something for him to find and not being able to share "his" first moment of knowing with him. It was Friday night and he came home from working late, probably around 11:30 or so. My sister was still at my house watching tv so I knew that I would have to wait. For some reason it seems I get to learn patience in every aspect of my life! But whatever. Eventually I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Markus apparently woke me up around 1:45AM or so. I was exhausted, but as I walked to the bedroom I remembered that I should tell him. Well in my half asleep state I told him I had to go to the bathroom. Later coming back after fake flushing the toilet, with 2 P tests that I had taken throughout the course of the day. I walked in the bedroom turned the light on and got in bed. He was turned around and asked what I was doing with the light on. I put the 2 tests in front of him. He looked and then smiled REALLY big and asked what they meant. I didn't say anything and neither did he. Then I asked him, "what do you think they mean". He played with me at this point and said he didn't know. I told him WE DID IT! We are going to have a baby!!! He just couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I wasn't on an emotional ride at that moment and we just laughed, cut jokes and smiled for the next hour plus and we couldn't stop talking about it. It to me was one of the most beautiful moments we've shared in our marriage. I loved every minute of it and didn't want to go to bed. I went from half asleep to wide awake in a matter of seconds. We must have stayed up talking til about 4:15 or so. I am so happy he accepted the news the way he did. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, I know I couldn't have planned a better reaction. That was worth the 4.75 year wait. I love you Markus!"
***I think that is just about all the details you wanted to know. Ha! Care to read more, send me your email and I will send you an invite to "Momma Jenn" The Pregnancy Blog :)****
12 comments:
Congrats girl!! I know you've wanted this for FOREVER! I'm so excited for y'all!
Congratulations! I've been waiting for "the announcement"! You and Marcus are going to be great parents.
WHAT?!?!?! YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! TOTALLY CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS OVER AND OVER!!!!! Of COURSE I wanna read your "Momma Jenn" blog...kjhooper3@gmail.com! This is awesome! So happy for y'all!!
Invite invite! jamiehubs@gmail.com
WHAT THE HELL? That is AWESOME NEWS! I am so freaking excited!!!!
Send me an invite theremingtons at cox dot net
Yippie!!!!!!
Jen & Markus, we are so happy for yall, I still remember teaching yall in the marriage prep class and I thought they are gonna be great parents some day! Yay, such exciting news! Love the story by the way.
i guess i shouldn't have been so crude. sorry. i was just shocked and so excited for you guys!
That is so awesome!!! I am so happy for you guys! Send me an invite at erinhudd84 at gmail dot com
YAY! YAY! YAY! I am super excited for you...You and Markus will be awesome parents! I would love to stay updated on your new blog...lundquist_daniel@hotmail.com
YAY! CONGRATS! colleenfrazier@gmail.com
I am so excited for you! :)
I know I told you last night, but "YAY"! I am SO EXCITED for ya'll. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well today!
Yay Jenn!! i'm sorry i stayed late the day you found out! hehe, i had no idea, so you played it off well. lol. and it looks like you and karlee have the same due date! cool! you'll be a great momma!
Post a Comment